Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hunting

usually my hunting involves my gps, some coffee, and a list of estate sales, garage sales, or thrift stores that i want to get to.

yesterday, I did a different kind of hunting... graffiti hunting.
I am currently (and have been for about a year) obsessed with hunting graffiti by the elusive READ MORE BOOKS .  it started with a huge roller piece on the side of my favorite building in nashville,  the Marathon Village home of Corsair Artisan Distillery (former home of Yazoo Brewing).



A few months ago, we found this one -

 

and also this one - 




then, when I was in New Orleans in November, I saw three that I was unable to get pics of.. but right as we were heading out of town...



so, recently this dude (dudes? I don't pretend to have a clue who/how many or really anything else about graffiti at all) is getting a lot more notice.. including a 10-page feature in JUXTAPOZ magazine.

There is a book (no, rilly?!) and a zine (that too?!) Which I bought myself for Christmas.


I didn't find the droids I was looking for, but I did find some cool places in my city I didn't know existed.. and then had a beverage where it all began.














No comments: